Bonnet bra alternative.

I had a clear 3m clear paintshield fitted to my vrs Hatch today. It included the front bumper, bonnet edge, wings, A posts, head/fog lamps and behind front and rear arches too as i wanted to avoid having mudflaps fitted. I had it on a previous vw and it showed up but this new kit is barely visible. Great local service and real attention to detail. Really pleased. Would love to add pics but you wouldn't see it ;-)

I had a clear 3m clear paintshield fitted to my vrs Hatch today. It included the front bumper, bonnet edge, wings, A posts, head/fog lamps and behind front and rear arches too as i wanted to avoid having mudflaps fitted. I had it on a previous vw and it showed up but this new kit is barely visible. Great local service and real attention to detail. Really pleased. Would love to add pics but you wouldn't see it ;-)

You should post pics of the finished product as not being able to see it is surely the point as avoids these hideous things. Not that I've ever seen one in the UK seems to be a European/North American thing.

Z3CCraftbra.jpg

I would also add I'd love to know the cost of this sort of thing on a comparable car to my own. I've seen them advertised just never been convinced it was worth it but if the price is right.....

Edited by Astec123

I was told you can clearly see the line where the foil ends on the bonnet and also that once you remove the foil you could have some paint issues because if a hole gets made in the foil from stone scratches then you get dirt getting in beneath the foil and the paint possible causing some issues..

Depends who fits it ;-)

Yes the bonnet line is visible but the rest is very very hard to detect. Or would you rather pay £5-600 upwards for a bonnet respray and god knows how much for the front bumper. If its good enough for the likes of the R8 and Ferraris, its good enough for my octy :-)

If i bought my car 2nd hand i'd think this guy has looked after this car. 5yr warranty with it too.

You should post pics of the finished product as not being able to see it is surely the point as avoids these hideous things. Not that I've ever seen one in the UK seems to be a European/North American thing.

Z3CCraftbra.jpg

I would also add I'd love to know the cost of this sort of thing on a comparable car to my own. I've seen them advertised just never been convinced it was worth it but if the price is right.....

I paid £550. The front kit is £500 inc vat fitted.

I paid an extra £50 for front and rear arch paint protection.

The car lives in a garage does, 18 mile round trip to work and is washed weekly, 2 bucket wash etc and after 1006 miles exactly the fitter said that the rear lower side of the bumper had evidence of initial paint damage so against the cost of a respray and to preserve a £27.6k car, i thought it was worth it.

Ventureshield quoted me £750 which i thought was excessive :-0

Edited by Bindinbear

I paid £550. The front kit is £500 inc vat fitted.

I paid an extra £50 for front and rear arch paint protection.

The car lives in a garage does, 18 mile round trip to work and is washed weekly, 2 bucket wash etc and after 1006 miles exactly the fitter said that the rear lower side of the bumper had evidence of initial paint damage so against the cost of a respray and to preserve a £27.6k car, i thought it was worth it.

Ventureshield quoted me £750 which i thought was excessive :-0

Thanks for that. A bit to rich for my blood even on a car of similar value, especially given that it's a PCP deal and I'll make my mind up about keeping the car in 18-24months. I think I'd rather deal with the day to day grime and imperfections and spend the £500 towards the deposit for my next car.