2.0 Tsi downpipe, what am I missing?

Hi all,

Bit silly of me really as I normally check parts are correct before I take them apart but hey it didnt take long to get off. I purchased a sports cat and downpipe from ebay which was listed for the Vrs 2.0 tsi. Came to fit today and the pipe supplied is too long. The downpipe is all good but if I was to attach the connecting piece it would be too long and goes back to where the exhaust takes a 80 degree bend to the centre box. What am I missing? Has anyone had one of these before? Pics to show you.

post-118850-0-28933900-1431806871_thumb.jpg

post-118850-0-51976500-1431806899_thumb.jpg

Got to love the green army overalls :)

Edited by gazpot0111645

Hmm, interesting. Are you sure it is for the TSI and not the TFSI. Can you give me a link to the listing I am thinking of changing my front pipe.

This is the one I think you want.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Milltek-Octavia-VRS-2-0-Tsi-10-13-Exhaust-Stainless-Steel-Downpipe-Sports-Cat-/231388762688?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Model%3AOctavia&hash=item35dfd85240

You could cut the pipe down I suppose.

Hi, your link is the same as what I have got, which is too long to meet where the sleeve is. This is what I got.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261759203405?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Every one i look at is the same and no shorter pipes. Maybe it does require cutting down.

Thanks

Hi, your link is the same as what I have got, which is too long to meet where the sleeve is. This is what I got.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261759203405?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Every one i look at is the same and no shorter pipes. Maybe it does require cutting down.

Thanks

The one I suggested looks longer on the front pipe so you would not need the other section. I suggest you contact the seller and ask how you are expected to fit this item. It is interesting that it is £400 less than the miltek one.

Ahh I see it is longer on the front pipe. Not sure why it is so much cheaper. Reading a bit on forums the company in Germany it came from seem quite reputable. Not sure I could part with so much money for a milltek.

I'm thinking the new pipe is for a Golf.  The OEM Octavia downpipe is shorter than the Golf pipe.

I think you'll find some judicious hacksaw work should do the trick but you won't know until it's bolted in & you can eyeball it / make some measurements.

Of course, it will require some faffing with the reducer which will be a pain.

Edited by brad1.8T

• 3 weeks later...