I am currently having problems with my skoda since it has had the below work done:-

1.head gasket

2.clutch 

3.water pump

4.injectors

5.oil change

the engine management light comes on constantly also the fan is constantly on as sson as key is plugged into the ignition, i have tried the below so far but nothing is working:-

1. changed engine temp sensor (with OEM and aftermarket)

2. Changed rad fan switch (oem and aftermarket)

3. cleaned external fusebox wiring 

4. checked all wires running ti pcm 5 times

5. tried resetting light but still occurs

i need help on how to get rid of this light its giving me a headache.help would be appreciated

The fault code appears to be included in the thread title, P0118...

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16502/P0118/000280

16502/P0118/000280 - Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor (G62): Signal too High Possible Symptoms

• Difficulties with starting a cold engine.
  • Starting the engine when engine is warmish or warm, idle rpm immediately is 1200 - 3000 rpm.
  • RPM at idle is irregular.
  • With all engine temperatures idle rpm will often vary between 900 - 1000 rpm.
  • With engine warm (90 °C) the engine temperature suddenly drops (70 °C) and slowly comes back to 90 °C.
  • Bad acceleration during warm-up.
  • Diesel Engines: Glow plug indicator may be on for a longer than normal time or at ambient temperatures where it shouldn't come on at all.

Possible Causes

• The electrical signal coming from G62 is too low
  • Wiring and/or connections faulty (short circuit?)
  • Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor (G62) faulty

Possible Solutions

• Check wiring and connections
  • Check / Replace Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor (G62)

Special Notes

• In many cars between MY 1995-2002 the G2/G62 had a bad reputation for failing often. The original G2/G62 sensor is black and the improved replacements are green.
Edited by silver1011

<p>

The fault code appears to be included in the thread title, P0118...

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16502/P0118/000280

16502/P0118/000280 - Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor (G62): Signal too High Possible Symptoms

• Difficulties with starting a cold engine.
  • Starting the engine when engine is warmish or warm, idle rpm immediately is 1200 - 3000 rpm.
  • RPM at idle is irregular.
  • With all engine temperatures idle rpm will often vary between 900 - 1000 rpm.
  • With engine warm (90 °C) the engine temperature suddenly drops (70 °C) and slowly comes back to 90 °C.
  • Bad acceleration during warm-up.
  • Diesel Engines: Glow plug indicator may be on for a longer than normal time or at ambient temperatures where it shouldn't come on at all.
Possible Causes
  • The electrical signal coming from G62 is too low
  • Wiring and/or connections faulty (short circuit?)
  • Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor (G62) faulty
Possible Solutions
  • Check wiring and connections
  • Check / Replace Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor (G62)
Special Notes
  • In many cars between MY 1995-2002 the G2/G62 had a bad reputation for failing often. The original G2/G62 sensor is black and the improved replacements are green.

Sorry (note to self - read things properly before putting foot in it) I wonder if the wiring could be an issue?

yes mate fault code keeps comming up as p0118 and i have checked all wiring 4 times chant find anything unusual, byt my fans comes on as soon as car is idle

When to my mechanic today he said he will.get it sorted next week, and that an electrician needs to have a look at it, he also mentioned that the fuse box on these are prone to water stick on the inside.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 22.6.2017 at 15:26, TolliCool said:

what loom Where is it located  I had same problem 

I found the broken wires in the engine main wireloom, below airbox where the loom go towards fusebox, 30cm from fusebox to engine. The loom rise up and rubs against chassis. The two wires from G62 was corroded.