Coolant tempreture warning light on cold start

As above, on random occasions when starting my vrs from cold the tempreture light bleeps/flashes.

If i leave it a minute, turn it off & on it will dissapear. I thought it was the coolant sensor after reading posts on here, so i ordered a genuine green one from skoda, followeed the tutorial & replaced it. Let the fan kick in with the top off the expansion tank afterwards too. All was fine for a few days. Started it tonight after 2 days sitting there & its reappeared again :thumbdown:

Could it be the sensor in the expansion tank?

Any help would be great, I'm loosing the love for it like this

Hi, it would be worth trying to clean up the sensor in the expansion tank they get a bit scaley, can give it a gentle scrub with a flathead, could also try a toothbrush.

Thanks, I'll give that a go!

I've also got an orange engine light on, just been doing some further reading about the maf & cleaning the throttle body etc. I did read the fault & it was overfuelling on one bank, cant remember the code.

I didn't think the 2 were linked but I'm starting to wonder if they are :|

Could be or it could be one of those strange coincidences. Especially as you've gone gen green new sensor. If you get the actual code and go on the Ross tech website you can follow through symptoms and cures and give us a shout. How has your mpg been? Has it been generally running ok? No misfires or strange drops in power?

Thanks, I'll try to get my friends code reader again tomorrow.

MPG seems to be pretty poor to be honest, not that I've worked it out or used the trip computer. It Idles pretty crap now, but i haven't noticed any misfires. It still pulls well, but there's been once or twice where I've been unsure if a judder when driving has been the engine or just me letting off the throttle. It had a revo stage 1 map a couple of years ago now.

I've been a bit lax on this to be honest as its not a daily anymore. I'll get it plugged in tomorrow to get the code, I don't think it's VCDS that my friend has, more of a generic code reader.

No idea on the recall, one was replaced by the previous owner so i didnt think it would be possible now. I've got some 2ltr coilpacks ready to fit amongst other things, its just finding the time & motivation!

I took the maf off tonight & gave it a spin, seemed to idle alot smoother. My friend with he code reader is having a bad time with a relative so it'll be a few days before i can do that now.

Coolant light came on again with the maf unplugged, before i even turned the ignition. I'll give the sensor in the expansion tank a clean tomorrow evening.

As I say I wouldn't be too sure the issues are related. Skoda will only replace the Coul packs with the pre revision part number so the individual replacement may not fit the bill. However, some people recommend not replacing just one coil pack at a time, and if the others are pre revision there could be some issues there. Could try your luck with Skoda they would at least replace the outdated ones and they may then match up with the individual replaced one.

Or just get your new ones fitted lol...Could be a fueling issue in there, but try a scan and get your coils in.