Transport blocks

I have seen a few comments in the Octavia section regarding transport blocks not being removed prior to the customer handover,My question is does the Fabia have these transport blocks installed front and rear for delivery purposes,I don't want to appear silly but my suspension seems to sit rather high, I have the sel model with 16 inch wheels, Many thanks in advance for any information on this.

They should have been removed at PDI. However techies are only human and may have forgot.

Have a peer through the arch gap, and If your still unsure jack it up and take a look.

The ride will also be really firm with the blocks still in.

Another reason I am asking is at the top of both rear shock absorbers is a sort of orange padding, and the covers on the shocks are loose and rattle if touched, as if the weight of the car is supported by these orange supports, This is with the car resting on the ground and me looking through the arch.

Sounds normal to me, get a pic if you can, not seen the new skodas but if there anything like the new audis the bump stops are near on impossible to locate by hand, they will locate them selfs after a good drive.

Thanks for the replays I have had a closer look at the shock absorbers in good day light,The orange section that I mentioned at the top does appear to be part of the shock absorber,and is not the transportation blocks.

Standard cars, especially the non-sporty-vrs models always sit a bit taller with bigger tyre side walls.

This is done for comfort. I would choose this over having a slightly lower (perhaps better looking) car any day.

For an all round better driving experience and flexibility (being able to get 5 people in the car without dragging over speed bumps etc).

Phil

• Like 2