1.2 TSi oil change / extractor

My car is on variable servicing which is dandy, but I will be changing the oil and filter mid-dealer change (so likely every 7.5k miles or so.  From what I understand this shouldn't interfere with anything in the car as the oil life is calculated from driving style, not an actual oil used-ness sensor or anything.

So, I'm just wondering if it would be best to stick with variable spec oil and if anyone has used an extractor on this engine to change the oil from the top? - worked a treat on my 1.6TDi but the dipstick seems a lot shorter on the 1.2 and I know some engines don't take the reading from the sump.

Hello, yes I bought one last year for my first oil change since the fixed maintenance plan expired.  After much research I got the Sealey TP69 6.5 litre extractor from Cooks of Bedford (via Amazon), total inc delivery £45.98.  It is very robust and the pipe fits perfectly down the oil dipstick hole - you can feel when it hits bottom.  It was extremely simple to use and sucked out all the oil, as I measured it.  There may be a few drops left here and there but the new oil easily dilutes that.  I changed the filter as well, from Eurocarparts for c. £5.00.  Was a bit tough to break the seal so it might help to use a strap remover which is fine as the access is easy on the top of the engine at the front. I would recommend this one to anyone as it makes life so much easier - wish I'd known about them years ago!  No more grovelling under the car, although I do miss the bath & whisky to try and make my back work again!

• Like 1