retrofit OEM parking sensors

Just been to look at buying a Mk2 VRS Tfsi as a replacement for my recently written off Mk1. The bodywork wasn't in great condition, but I can over look that. There were a few mechanical noises that I want to get looked at but otherwise, I may be interested. That aside, my wife absolutely must have parking sensors! I know that you can buy aftermarket kits, but how easy is it to put a proper OEM set on? The car has Maxidot and stream audio system.

Thanks for any advice.

Not too difficult it you can remove trim, drill holes and (ideally) solder wires together in cramped spaces.

From the fact you have a Stream stereo, I'm guessing this is a pre-FL we are talking about.

I fitted a FL kit to my pre-FL and got OPS on the Stream and, later, Columbus. Didn't have Maxidot, but can't see that making any difference.

Have a look on CarSystems.pl or the CarsEquipment websites for kits for your vehicle and search on here for threads with detailed fitting guides.

I've posted pictures and links and downloads from when I did it.

• Like 1