Yoda the yellow Skoda requires a new heart.

My faitful 2001 fun 1.6 engine has just given up on me so its time for a new engine of some sort. I want to do this as easy as possible so what engine codes should I be looking for if I go the 1.4 16v route and what parts do I need to salvage from the doner car? Any other suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

Topic moved,

There are lots of engine choices, it just depends what sort of thing you are after and how much power you are looking for.

Oh don't. Whatever power it is, it will never be enough ;) ;)

• Like 1

Right I've been a bit busy and forgot about this thread. Having seen that complete mk4golf 1.8t can be had very cheap now if like one of those in there.

I have done a bit or research and seen that Teflon tom has done this which answered my question of is it possible, next question is there a link for a build thread I can have a look at to see what's involved.

Yes there is a build topic in the classic projects section. Its not an easy or cheap proposition if you attempt it, id hate to put anybody off but when you start chopping bits of metal up you very soon reach the point of no return and end up with 2 vehicles unusable. it takes big stones to wreck up 2 working cars.

although i would like to see a v5 engine from a mk4 golf if one for a laugh if anybody wants to try it.

im not personally willing to take anything like this on at the moment, im in a personal period of flux right now what with a long string of events that have happened his year, next year hopefully moving to the isle of wight then who knows what i might get up to!!

im not personally willing to take anything like this on at the moment, im in a personal period of flux right now what with a long string of events that have happened his year, next year hopefully moving to the isle of wight then who knows what i might get up to!!

There'll be some heavily modded boats round the island next! ;) ;)

• Like 1