A desperate plea. Anyone good with FL electrics? Ive made a boo boo!

Right, I feel like a pillock for asking this, but I need someone to try and help identify what's wrong with the Octy after what's fast becoming a failed auto headlight retrofit.

I've followed the guide as best I can, bought the repair wire and switch and attempted to connect to terminal A pin 20. I found terminal a and what I was convinced was pin 20 and to cut a long story short the car is now broken.

I have put the car back to as close as it was before my ill fated retrofit and I have headlights shown as on all the time, with the switch doing nothing to turn them off. No lights other than a sidelight on the passenger side front. All the lights working on the drivers front, with no offside rear indicator and the orange steering wheel on the dash.

Have I mullered the BCM? Can anyone get me out of a sticky situation?

I'll happily pay fuel for someone to diagnose and repair.

I feel it's way over my capabilities now and I'm worried about making things much worse!

I don't have VCDS.

I got as far as running the 'missing' wire from headlamp switch to BCM.

Reconnected the battery and turned the ignition on to position 2. That's when I noticed the issues with lighting. Shut down. Disconnected the battery and removed one end of the wire from the BCM. I also refitted the original headlamp switch. Upon reconnecting the battery and turning ignition on, I still have the same symptoms.

• Like 1

I don't have VCDS.

I got as far as running the 'missing' wire from headlamp switch to BCM.

Reconnected the battery and turned the ignition on to position 2. That's when I noticed the issues with lighting. Shut down. Disconnected the battery and removed one end of the wire from the BCM. I also refitted the original headlamp switch. Upon reconnecting the battery and turning ignition on, I still have the same symptoms.

You have a PM.
  • Like 1

Big thank you to trundlenut.

A true gent who's methodical approach saw things solved.

The sense of community here is something I've never experienced before on a forum.

Thank you all for your input.