Maintenance Spanner (how to reset)

H Bomb

Hello

My dad's 63 plate Roomster has just been in for service and they have forgotten to reset the maintenance counter on it, so the spanner is still showing on the dash. I remembered how to switch this off on the older models (ones with a twiddly stick thing under the rev counter), but his has two buttons, one with a picture of some squares on (clock set) and one with'0.0' on it. I've tried Pressing the 0.0 button, switching on ignition, releasing the button the pressing the other one, then switching off and on again (worked on my Caddy that had these buttons), but still the spanner shows up. Any ideas?

Cheers!

Heather

Cheers for that - called in tonight and found he'd sorted it himself - he might be retired now but once a mechanic, always a mechanic hehehe 

Will try and find out how he did it...