Stereo

Hi everyone,

ive just bought a 2010 Octavia VRS and it came with the Bolero stereo fitted. Would i be able to put the Columbus stereo in to it as id like to have bluetooth for my phone and streaming my music as well as having sat nav.

I do have my own Pioneer AVIC stereo with bluetooth/sat nav but the Columbus stereo does look a lot better.

If you want the OE look but don't want to pay Columbus + Bluetooth module money, look at icebox auto - they sell OE style replacements. They're Chinese made but units like the AS620 are pretty well regarded around here.

http://www.iceboxauto.com/vw-octavia-2007-2013-7-as610

Expect a bit of Chinese weirdness but you can't fault the price. Kenwood make a unit which is a direct fit and a company called Zenec also make high quality (bit pricey) OE replacements.

There are tons of options, I personally don't see value for money in the Columbus by the time you add the Bluetooth module.

Piece of cake. Open the ashtray and hold it half open. Reach behind the trip in the gap that creates and pull - it just pops off. You might find you need a flat tool to gently pry it around the top of the stereo but should come off without any fuss

Piece of cake. Open the ashtray and hold it half open. Reach behind the trip in the gap that creates and pull - it just pops off. You might find you need a flat tool to gently pry it around the top of the stereo but should come off without any fuss

Ok thanks........one broken piece of plastic coming up!

Hopefully I do it right.

Thanks.

John.

Ok thanks........one broken piece of plastic coming up!

Hopefully I do it right.

Thanks.

John.

Lol I thought the same - it feels like it's the sort of plastic that will snap but I've had mine off several times with no issues :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

Ok i bought the bluetooth kit for my stereo and managed to instal it no problem. A friend of mine has a Superb and have told me i can swop stereos over as their's have sat nav in it. Will i be able to just swap them over or will they need re-programming to the cars?

You will need the codes for them.

If you don't have them then the easiest thing is to use a service on ebay to get them.

You can have them done at a dealer but you don't physically get the code and they will likely charge for their labour.

Phil