Entertainment System Updates

Hi there I took delivery of my new Octavia vRS last week, and I have read that I should be able to update the media centre to include radio station logos and smart link.

However when I put my VIN number in it says there are no updates. can anyone advise about this.

Thanks

discussed at some length here

in short yes you can update logos - though when mine arrived yesterday they all seemed to be there. And if you have ordered and paid for smart link you will have it, if not then you can't just add it via an update. The screen will tell you to contact your dealer for a licence key but as yet Skoda UK haven't worked this out and are still in denial, as a result dealers will not yet be able to do it but plenty people re hoping that in time they will be able to, 

discussed at some length here

in short yes you can update logos - though when mine arrived yesterday they all seemed to be there. And if you have ordered and paid for smart link you will have it, if not then you can't just add it via an update. The screen will tell you to contact your dealer for a licence key but as yet Skoda UK haven't worked this out and are still in denial, as a result dealers will not yet be able to do it but plenty people re hoping that in time they will be able to, 

I dont get a message about a licence key is there a particular option i need to select to get that? I have the Columbus system in mine

I dont get a message about a licence key is there a particular option i need to select to get that? I have the Columbus system in mine

If you select mirror link from the main menu screen ( I have the amundsen so not sure what it will be on the columbus). But it is only available on the new MIB2 units, unless your car is Model Year 2016 then you will not have it as you have the first generation columbus

If you select mirror link from the main menu screen ( I have the amundsen so not sure what it will be on the columbus). But it is only available on the new MIB2 units, unless your car is Model Year 2016 then you will not have it as you have the first generation columbus

Thanks is there any easy way to find out its model year

yeah the VIN number will tell you. There's a thread on here that decodes it for you. When was it built? The first MY16 cars are only just starting to arrive. I think mine is the first I've seen on here with smartlink and it arrived yesterday. I think I've only seen two or three others with MY16 cars on here so far and neither of them had paid for smart link. If you paid an extra £150 you will have it, if not, you won't :-)

yeah the VIN number will tell you. There's a thread on here that decodes it for you. When was it built? The first MY16 cars are only just starting to arrive. I think mine is the first I've seen on here with smartlink and it arrived yesterday. I think I've only seen two or three others with MY16 cars on here so far and neither of them had paid for smart link. If you paid an extra £150 you will have it, if not, you won't :-)

Its a lease car so no idea when it was built

Edit just found out how to find MY and its 2015 so no possibility for smartlink regardless of future updates for me i guess

Edited by rsootarsing

SmartLink is included with the MY16 Columbus