Will they fit.

jonnb

On my Superb Combi (2010 ),  I have used  16" VW steel wheels, to put winter tyres on (205/55/16), and take off the alloys ( 225/45/17).

I am just wondering, will these 16" steels, also fit on the new Superb 3,  if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks.

What Superb are you looking at?

They list the spare wheel as a 16” space saver so in theory they will fit, but until we find out the front brake size on the 190CR and 280 TSi it’s impossible to say.

All the smaller engines (than the 190 and 280) it should not be an issue, the base model also comes with 16” wheels as std.

I am in the same boat as I currently have a set of 16” winters that i need to know whether they will fit the 190, hopefully when ColinD goes to the Scottish launch next weekend we will find out the spec of the front brakes.

I am looking at the 2l / 150 hp , style version, which is coming in on 18" alloys (as an option over the 17" ).

• Like 1

I can’t see the 150 getting larger brakes than 312mm TBH... in which case 16” wheels will fit.

(The MKII 170CR ‘only’ uses 312mm front brakes)