Flashing Glow Plug Light!

First thing to check is your brake lights. Common fault for the glow plug light to flash when either the brake light switch on the foot brake pedal, or both main brake lights have failed.

Mike

But would that cause loss in power??

• 3 weeks later...

Update to this problem is that car gone into limp mode once more (glow plug light did not come on this time) Took it into Skoda for diagnostic check, and it come up as faulty EGR Valve!!  The first shock was the price £ 800 +  Second shock was that because I use the same Skoda dealer for service they have dropped the price to £480!!!!   The Third shock was they have given me a courtesy car for the weekend.

My car is a Octavia 1.6 diesel 2011 38000 miles bought from this dealer 2 years ago.  Is this a good deal or is there a bit of a con regarding the price in the first place, seems to good to be true 

Sounds like you have had an offer of goodwill from Skoda UK due to your loyalty to the brand.

Ask the dealer how they've funded the discount. If it is only from the dealer then ring Skoda UK and ask for more!

• Like 1

Ask the dealer how they've funded the discount. If it is only from the dealer then ring Skoda UK and ask for more!

Skoda are paying for the part and I am paying for fitting, with a 2 year parts and labour warranty.

• Like 2