Anti Roll Bar Collars?

As above - one of my Anti Roll Bar Collars has split and snapped off so instead of replacing the ARB which is a big job I'm looking for a replacement for the clamps - I'm thinking of using a jubilee clip or some sort of exhaust clamp to lock the bar in place instead of the collar being there. Anyone have any suggestions whether the jubilee clip would work or if i can use anything else?

Here you go buddy... http://www.whiteline.com.au/do_segue4.php?make=UNIVERSAL+PRODUCTS&model=SWAY+BAR+-+ALLOY+LATERAL+LOCK&model_final=SWAY+BAR+-+ALLOY+LATERAL+LOCK&vehicle=ALL

I've got these on my VRS. However, you need to grind the corners away or they rub on the frame.

Spot on mate thankyou!! What mm is it? 18??

Edited by AaronJeff

Thats just silly!!

I think i got mine from that site - was a year or so ago - & delivery was fairly steep @ approx £6 or £7; but not £90

Theres a ton of whiteline stuff on ebay but I cant see any collars.

My ARB is 19mm so I got the 20mm version which fit bar diameters from 19mm to 20mm.

Edited by Chris Berry

Thats just silly!!

I think i got mine from that site - was a year or so ago - & delivery was fairly steep @ approx £6 or £7; but not £90

Theres a ton of whiteline stuff on ebay but I cant see any collars.

My ARB is 19mm so I got the 20mm version which fit bar diameters from 19mm to 20mm.

Tell me about it mate - It says on the website - Avg. package weight - 0.5KG - Courier - £90 ... What is the point in that!! They've basically cut off anyone buying in the UK - Good luck to anyone buying a RARB from them!!!!

Edited by AaronJeff

All I can say is that I wish that these guys had made them back in 2005 when the (plastic) collars broke on the ARB on wife's Polo, even at £90 delivery costs that is cheap when compared with cost of new style ARB + mounting rubbers + full four wheel realignment!  The good old double Jubilee clip kept things together long enough to allow her to keep using the car.

Are you now going to smash the remains of these plastic stops/collars off, fit the smaller mounting rubbers and then fit the collars. If your car has broken its ARB collars, I'd suspect that it is still fitted with the early version that had plastic collars, these plastic collars extend along the ARB under the mounting points so when they break free, the diameter of the ARB becomes its "true" diameter, for instance, if the ARB was "22" when new - the actual steel ARB would have been maybe 19" but with the extended plastic collar, at the mounting point would be 22" - with the plastic collars removed completely, the 22" ARB becomes, for mounting rubber size purposes, 19" or so. 

Sorry if you know all this, I'm only trying to help you prepare for when the clamps arrive.

Edited by rum4mo

Ive found this website by some intense googling haha!! - http://www.part-box.com/product_info.php?products_id=73097

Hopefully ill receive them soon!!

That's where I got mine from. Been using them since November 2012 with no issues. Cost less than £35 'all in' at that time.

As rum4mo was suggesting above - I also replaced the anti-roll bar bushes with ones that were 18mm internal diameter.

Alan

Edited by aak

You can use the bushes from a thinner arb & it will grip the thicker arb well. This I did to my mates 1.4 8v as recommended by the Skoda master tech I knew. Other than that track down those whiteline collars in UK, or new style ARB