DMR SMF conversion kit around £140

Jay29

I Saw this item on Ebay;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Fabia-Dual-Mass-Replacement-Flywheel-Clutch-Kit-/171829669378?hash=item2801d8ae02

I did query why it was so cheap? The seller was really good and communicated well apparently your buying directly from the supplier themselves hence the price offering (cheapest i've seen) .

He has 100% feedback and kit comes with 2yearunlimited milage guarantee ... and gave detailed responses so cant complain

I was curious to know if anyone fitted one of these? As i've seen several have been sold...

Although he quiet rightly said that i should expect some as by the very nature of the SMF it does not have the dampening qualities that we are used to the dual mass setup...

The kit does not come with CSC... anyone know where i can source a decent one?

At the end of the day I gotta look and cost and durability is the main reason ive taken the plunge as its not gonna break the bank so hopefully should be all good

Edited by Jay29

• 2 months later...

OK just fitted the kit today...

On tickover all seems well thus far...

Not much more noisier than standard at idle in my opinion

Fitted new concentric slave along with this kit and bled the clutch hopefully

Time to take it for a spin

All seems well I haven't really detected chatter that is call noticeable sounds a little more tractorish but I do mean little

It does feel strange mind you compared to the dmf, I could get a bit of judder between 1500-2000rpm and once or twice it feels the revs were sticky, pedal feels little stiffer to... Is there a bed in period on new installations?

Me thinks it needs a good solid run to put it through the paces

BTW got gates timing belt kit fitted along with new water pump

Edited by Jay29

Right read the whole listing now as the title of the item says dual mass replacement it's deceiving

Keep us posted on how you get on with it, as my Mrs golf dual is on its was out and I'm going to stick a single mass in it

Edited by furbyPD100

So far so good,

pedal a little stiffer

revs seem to drop quicker due to it being single mass which can cause judder when it drops below that turbo spool point

I need to learn how to drive properly with this setup as I'm so used to the dual mass system... It is quite grabby on take off though ;)

Does anyone know if map needs to be adjusted when going from dual mass to single mass ?

• 1 year later...
On 04/11/2015 at 14:48, Jay29 said:

So far so good,

pedal a little stiffer

revs seem to drop quicker due to it being single mass which can cause judder when it drops below that turbo spool point

I need to learn how to drive properly with this setup as I'm so used to the dual mass system... It is quite grabby on take off though ;)

Does anyone know if map needs to be adjusted when going from dual mass to single mass ?

Hi mate, how did this flywheel/clutch kit hold up in the end? I'm looking at the exact same one for mine.