Yeti ill again

CharlieB72

We had a turbo replaced last year on my 2010 1.2tsi Yeti. Today I was 40 miles from home and 3 warning lights came up. Any ideas? EPC, ESP symbol, control system for exhaust symbol. Limped home - car juddered in low revs particularly in 3rd gear. Pulling out of junctions was a bit tense as no power. Car didn't like going up hill either.

We had a turbo replaced last year on my 2010 1.2tsi Yeti. Today I was 40 miles from home and 3 warning lights came up. Any ideas? EPC, ESP symbol, control system for exhaust symbol. Limped home - car juddered in low revs particularly in 3rd gear. Pulling out of junctions was a bit tense as no power. Car didn't like going up hill either.

PLUG LEAD?

FRED.

SORRY NOT SHOUTING, MY KEYBOARD HAS LOCKED WITH CAPS LOCK ON :devil:

PLUG LEAD?

FRED.

SORRY NOT SHOUTING, MY KEYBOARD HAS LOCKED WITH CAPS LOCK ON :devil:

Can you write that a bit louder my hearing aid battery is flat  :D  :D  :D

• Like 2

Yes you are all right - number 3 plug lead. Plugs were changed twice last year but apparently not the leads. New turbo last year too. I can't even remember the reason for the first limp mode. Hopefully 3 limp modes in 3 years will be it but I am now beginning to lose confidence in the car.....

Yes you are all right - number 3 plug lead. Plugs were changed twice last year but apparently not the leads. New turbo last year too. I can't even remember the reason for the first limp mode. Hopefully 3 limp modes in 3 years will be it but I am now beginning to lose confidence in the car.....

I'm pretty sure they had an upgraded plug loom which seemed to fix it.......I agree you should get it covered as it was a know fault from what I've read

Further

The issues I recall with the 1.2 were

Cam chain

DSG ecu and

Plug lead nr3

If they've ALL been ticked off (they were all known issues I seem to recall) you should be worry free.

Edited by Ryeman

Strangely enough my yeti went in to limp mode believe P030300 was the fault this is No 3 cylinder coil, plug, ht or compression fault.

After diagnosis which cost £67 +£16 for a new lead which main dealers dont stock, the car was ok.