Michelin Crossclimate tyres

So you get out dirty. First time ok have seen a black scout, mines silver

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

That was after a rare clean and an alloy wheel refurb (as you might well already know the diamond / polished finish on the standard Proteus alloys is a well documented weak point).

I can assure you that right now it isn't anywhere near as clean  :D

65042e0a36c74869ae3169fd14e6f5ea.jpg

Looking good, thanks for going to the effort of taking and uploading pictures for me.

Not quite as much rim protection as the summer Dunlops but I guess the large profile of the Scout's tyres offer a good degree of protection already. I have a kerb happy wife!

:thumbup:

"4 x Michelin CrossClimate 205/50 R17 W (93), Reinforced Price: £465.10"

lifted direct from the Black Circles order confirmation

Yours are only 205 width, mine 225 what year, model they on?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

The standard tyre on the Octavia Scout is an unusual size which tends to push up the price a little.

The 17" alloy combined with the larger profile tyre is what gives it the extra ride height over the standard non-Scout 4x4 model.

It is the same tyre as fitted to the Yeti when specified with 17" alloys.

Jevpis, this is full answer I got from Michelin.

"Thank you for your enquiry about the Michelin Cross Climate Tyres.

In an ideal situation, fitting four tyres will give the vehicle the most balance and performance.

However, as it's a summer tyre, you can fit them in pairs with summer tyres on the other axle. Ideally fitting the newer tyres to the rear.

If you currently have winter tyres, as it's 3PMSF (snowflake) marked you can do the same mixing it with two winter tyres on the other axle.

The only separate advice I would offer is if you were fitting them in a winter season with summer tyres on, we do recommend having 4 CrossClimate's on.

So it really comes down to as and when you fit.."

Should have posted full response previously.

Agrees with you not to mix in winter,  but okay to mix in summer

these tyres are only 7mm thread from new,

some would say that's like being short changed    :swear:

i'm gonna give them a try on a spare set of steel wheels though    :dance:

• 1 year later...

Hello all, I've just joined this forum after buying a Scout 1.8 petrol 59 plate.  So firstly hello to you all.

I knew I needed new tyres all round so I've been doing my researchers and I'm thinking of the Cross Climate, but I was hoping for some real world comments from those who are running them. I've also seen a few comments about the tyres puncturing easily with gravel and as as I have a gravel drive I was a bit concerned.

Thanks

Flyinghigh,

Welcome to the forum! Have had Michelin Cross Climates on my Yeti for a while and they're great! Quiet, grippy, progressive (no surprises!) and no issues on our gravel drive. Expensive, but worth it IMHO. Off to the Alps in mid February hence the purchase!

Hope this helps, M

• Like 1