LED door indicator lights

arcom

It was a nice sunny day today and I was bored...guess what followed :D

1. This is how all began...

doorled01.jpg

I've put 2x 3LEDs on each plastic bit (don't know exact name). I don't have any photos of production stage because I was obviously too occupied and forgot to take a few shots :rolleyes:

2. You gotta do what you gotta do!

doorled02.jpg

doorled03.jpg

I thought that the wiring would already be in place since there is a space for fuse, but it's not. Oh well, few feets of wires won't kill me...

3. Font side + connector

doorled04.jpg

doorled05.jpg

I've put a connector in place for easier removal of both the door trim and the indicator light because I'll probably remove the door trim at least 20 times more...yeah, it's nice to know every square inch of your car... :)

4. Testing, testing...

doorled06.jpg

5. And the final result!

doorled07.jpg

Me likes it!

I just remembered that I had to take one more photo when both doors are open, but...it was freezing outside and I was hungry! :D

I've connected these lights on the same wire that goes to the inner light so now I have a cool fade-out effect when I close the doors ;)

(and a fade-in effect when I unlock the car)

In the end, it all comes down to this:

12 LEDs, 6 resistors (470ohm), 4m 2x0,75mm^2 cable, 5A fuse and a FIRST AID KIT! I've managed to leave a little bit of blood on some piece of metal... :D