DSG oil change expensive!

My Scout is coming up for 40k miles so just been quoted £191 for a DSG oil change at the local Skoda dealer. Seems expensive to me, what should it cost normally? Can anyone recommend anyone else in the Fleet Hampshire / Surrey areas or a good independent that might not charge quite so much? Is the oil really pricey?

Edited by paddypaws

An independent will charge half the price but it will not figure as a VW approved change in the service record. I think any VW place will charge the time units set for the job.

I have always gone independent but you are still in warranty so you need think about it. Obviously the oil change could only affect the warranty on the gearbox/clutch but the onus would be on your to prove it.

Thanks for the replies, the quotes not far off then. Hadn't realised it was such an expensive oil change for the DSG, the haldex oil change is only £60 apparently. This car has six months warranty left so I'll just get it done at the dealer to avoid warranty problems, I've enquired about fixed prices before Silver but apparently it only applies to cars over 3 years old.

Edited by paddypaws
  • Like 1

Yeah unfortunately it's due to needing 5 litres of expensive oil as well as a couple hours labour-ish due to how it is changed (not just a simple drain-refill job).

Phil

I've enquired about fixed prices before Silver but apparently it only applies to cars over 3 years old.

Very true, Skoda and VW's fixed pricing is limited to cars three years or older, however how rigidly the dealers stick to the small print does seem to vary.

DM Keith in York and Pulman in Durham happily agreed to the fixed pricing on my (then) two year old Superb.

It might still be worth phoning around if you are lucky enough to have a selection of Skoda, SEAT, VW and Audi dealers close by...

• Like 1