Have we got a MY16 on the way?

Hi All,

Partner has just put an order in (current Fabia stock) for a 1.2 TSI SE (90).  It's already built and should be arriving in the next couple of weeks (it's in Germany at the moment?). Is there any way to check for sure?

Looking through the forum, I'm just a bit worried that the Mirrorlink issues might crop up if it isn't a MY16 car.  I assume that the latest versions of the car / mirrorlink aren't beset by the same glitches??

On the plus side, I was very impressed with the new Fabia, especially the level of refinement (over the last model) and the punch of the 1.2TSI -even in the lower output variant.  Quite a classy looking car now too :)

Thanks,

Steven

The best and sure way is ask the Supplying Dealership in writing and have them confirm in writing.

(& then check with Skoda UK Customer Services using the Order Number, and get that in writing as well)

Supplying dealer says it's a MY16 - now have that in writing (email!).  Will now check with Skoda UK Cust Services.  Thanks for the advice!

Is the general consensus that the mirrorlink stuff on MY16's is OK?  I'm really only worried about the satnav aspect rather than other apps...

Hi All,

Partner has just put an order in (current Fabia stock) for a 1.2 TSI SE (90).  It's already built and should be arriving in the next couple of weeks (it's in Germany at the moment?). Is there any way to check for sure?

Looking through the forum, I'm just a bit worried that the Mirrorlink issues might crop up if it isn't a MY16 car.  I assume that the latest versions of the car / mirrorlink aren't beset by the same glitches??

On the plus side, I was very impressed with the new Fabia, especially the level of refinement (over the last model) and the punch of the 1.2TSI -even in the lower output variant.  Quite a classy looking car now too :)

Thanks,

Steven

By all accounts - if the car is already built - it doesn't matter - unless Smartlink has already been activated at the factory. It seems Smartlink (rather than the Mirrorlink, which, also by all accounts, is quite hopeless ) cannot, yet, be activated post-factory, by the dealer. Activation codes are not yet being released post-build.

Others here will have more info.

Have a look at the Mirrorlink / Smartlink threads. (The Smartlink is the piece of software that enables use of Android Auto and Apple Carplay. Mirrorlink - if you read the forum, works on about 3 Android phones. Sporadically.)

I'm quite happy with the Google maps on my phone, Bluetoothing through the radio. (I do only have the standard Swing radio anyway - which would never run Smartlink anyway.)

Hope you enjoy the car though.

By all accounts - if the car is already built - it doesn't matter - unless Smartlink has already been activated at the factory. It seems Smartlink (rather than the Mirrorlink, which, also by all accounts, is quite hopeless ) cannot, yet, be activated post-factory, by the dealer. Activation codes are not yet being released post-build.

Others here will have more info.

Have a look at the Mirrorlink / Smartlink threads. (The Smartlink is the piece of software that enables use of Android Auto and Apple Carplay. Mirrorlink - if you read the forum, works on about 3 Android phones. Sporadically.)

I'm quite happy with the Google maps on my phone, Bluetoothing through the radio. (I do only have the standard Swing radio anyway - which would never run Smartlink anyway.)

Hope you enjoy the car though.

Yes, I think I was getting a bit confused by the different names - had a read through the long mirrorlink thread so assumed that it was the main problem area, and that it was this tech which "allowed" the use of smartphone satnav.

How are you using google maps on your phone then - surely if you're using bluetooth then all you're getting through the radio are the instructions (as opposed to the map being displayed)?

Can the VIN be used to check model year? I have that shown on the dealers order form (also have an eight digit stock number, if that's any better).

We're getting a 90 TSi SE L in a couple of weeks that was a stock car at Emden, but would also like to know about Smartlink.

Yes, I think I was getting a bit confused by the different names - had a read through the long mirrorlink thread so assumed that it was the main problem area, and that it was this tech which "allowed" the use of smartphone satnav.

How are you using google maps on your phone then - surely if you're using bluetooth then all you're getting through the radio are the instructions (as opposed to the map being displayed)?

Map is on the phone - have phone on a vent mount/dashboard mount. Maybe not ideal - but good enough for my use level.

Can the VIN be used to check model year? I have that shown on the dealers order form (also have an eight digit stock number, if that's any better).

We're getting a 90 TSi SE L in a couple of weeks that was a stock car at Emden, but would also like to know about Smartlink.

If you get Skoda Service app on your phone - put VIN in there, and it'll tell you the Build date.  Before Week 22, Year 2015, From Week 22 (25th May 2015), then Year 2016.

[EDIT]  A little more info on http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/experience/infotainment

If you get Skoda Service app on your phone - put VIN in there, and it'll tell you the Build date.  Before Week 22, Year 2015, From Week 22 (25th May 2015), then Year 2016.

[EDIT]  A little more info on http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/experience/infotainment

Thanks for that.

Our Fabia was built 3rd September so definitely a MY16.

• Like 1