Bolero and SD cards

docc

Has anyone any idea why it seems possible only to display (and use) music folders from A to O? 

Music folders copied and pasted from PC, and all the folders are there on the card, each one for a different artist and running from A to Z.  The Bolero displays only artists/folders from A to O - though it will go a little further if I delate some of the folders.

Nothing in the manual, or that I can find online.  Is there something I'm missing about the number of folders it will display?  And is there a way round it?

One easy way round the problem would be to create a few large music type folders using your PC on the SD card, with a number of subfolders, so you only see less than 15 subfolders at any one time, and move your music around the appropriate folders. So for example major folders Classics; Folk; Opera; etc; and move anything like classics albums into that folder. Hope this helps

To me it seems that my 2012 Bolero is not, in some respects, fully integrated with the steering wheel controls in having what seems a parallel phone system at least.

It just doesn't seem they were designed together.

2015 Facelift Yeti. Around 250 subfolders in one main folder. I wonder if getting rid of the top folder might sort it.

How many albums do you have there?

At the moment I have about 80+ albums split into about 50 artists folders.

You don't have each track in a different folder do you?

I think the problem's in the folder structure.  On the PC the folders are the artists' names, and in each of those folders there are the relevant tracks.  So a compilation CD would find its tracks split into the relevant artists' folders.  Somehow, I suspect, I'm going to need to find a way to change each folder so that it follows the name of the CD, with the tracks from that CD inside the folder.

There must be a simple way to do that - but it's late, and I can't immediately see one!

[Found the answer now - Windows Media Player!]

Edited by docc

'12 Bolero here. I have a tiered structure, with half a dozen top level folders A-E, etc, artists below that, then albums, then the tracks. That seems to get around the number of folders at the same level restriction. I'm using around 20GB on a 32Gb card, and everything shows fine. There were several threads on here around the time I bought mine, mentioning issues with 2000+ tracks, but I think the issue is more the number of folders at any one level.