Skoda octavia 1.9 tdi 4x4 2001,radiatorfan won't go off.

Hey

My radiator fan wont go off when i turn off and take out the key. i have checked with ross tech

01206 signal for duration of ignition Off time

37-00 - faulty

I think that i have to replace the ignition switch...but i do not know for sure..

Have sombody some knowlegde for this problem from before..

Sorry my bad english...I am from Norway

Stein  :notme:

That could be ignition, cluster or climatronic or the wiring in between. Check the fuses and relays. If no joy check the connections for loose plugs, corroded pins, bad wiring etc.

If the instrument gauges are all working fine then maybe a fault with the climatronic system.

My fan runs for a short while after long runs and turns off after a few minutes.

I have a feeling that there is some type of built-in relay in each fan motor  whose contacts may have fused assuming you have two and only one is faulty try swapping the wiring over   bothe are controled from a unit via a thermal switch which has two separate contact in (for hot and hotter I assume) 

I have a feeling that there is some type of built-in relay in each fan motor  whose contacts may have fused assuming you have two and only one is faulty try swapping the wiring over   bothe are controled from a unit via a thermal switch which has two separate contact in (for hot and hotter I assume) 

for relay read resistor (for the slow speed)     so I guess it's either the switch or the control unit failed   the switch iss fed from the control unit and earth's out when made