Superb Mk2 Columbus code needed? disconnecting battery + removing seats

Hey guys as above really

I have Superb Mk2 with the electric seats and I need to clean properly down the sides of them

After disconnecting battery, will I need to put the code back in afterwards?

Any help appreciated!

Edited by Turkeythighs

Do not be tempted to turn the ignition on with the seats (or any air bag connection) unplugged unless you have VCDS etc to turn the warning light back off!

actually i meant for my columbus, i dont want to have to use skoda for a code, and its not in my manuals for the car either

actually i meant for my columbus, i dont want to have to use skoda for a code, and its not in my manuals for the car either

Sorry I got that... several people have removed seats etc then turned the ignition back on for whatever reason only to have the airbag warning light appear on the dash, the radio codes are all stored in the car so should not require a code.

• Like 1

Dont worry.. :p U can disconnect the Columbus.. Lay it in our bed with u, and next day plug it in the car and use it again without the code! ;)

Hahah, i recently upgraded the firmware and now today going to put V12 maps on

so I can unplug battery for a good few 2-3 hours and then will have no issue?

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

Hahah, i recently upgraded the firmware and now today going to put V12 maps on

so I can unplug battery for a good few 2-3 hours and then will have no issue?

Thanks for your help!

No problem mate. ;)

V12?!?!

Why dont u use V13? :D I've recently installed V13 and 6276 firmware with VIM. But I have a C14 model (newest) :)

• Like 1

Sorry I got that... several people have removed seats etc then turned the ignition back on for whatever reason only to have the airbag warning light appear on the dash, the radio codes are all stored in the car so should not require a code.

i can clear the coded with VCDS and so forth, its meant to be fine as you guys are telling me. cheers

I know... What software do u have? :) The V13 is the latest map... Came out last week :)

I have installed from 2724 to 4120 with VIM, and just got the maps V12 as it allows the 7 digit UK postcode so makes thing better

I think my maps were original or outdated as they seems only to accept 6 digits

Edited by Turkeythighs