Rear window fogging up

Hi all

Had my octavia for a month now and it's fantastic.

Now the weather has turned colder iv noticed the rear window fogs up quite abit over night to the point where I have to put the heated rear window on.

All the other windows are clear.

Has anyone also come across this before?

I have looked and cant find any water so I'm thinking maybe the boot seal is worn

Have you looked in the spare wheel well?

Does the rear washer work?

If there's water there and the washer doesn't work it's possibly the connector for the pipe that has become disconnected. Fairly common if you search on here.

Octavias seemed to suffer from condensation generally in my experience.

Might be a seal on the boot adding to that. You could try some Gummi Pflege to lubricate the seals.

Edited by KBPhoto

I think it's just an issue most MK2 Octavia's have (design flaw?). I gave up trying to find what causes my windows to fog up... No dampness in the car, fresh new pollen/cabin filter and door seals seem ok (not brilliant by design though). Could be the plastic sheets behind the door trim/cards have started to peel away?

when I got it I replaced the o/s/r light unit as it had water in it, the seal to the body had gone.

the rear washer works and the spare wheel is dry.

it seems to start from the n/s of the rear screen and work its way across during the night.

just seems strange how its only the rear window.

The Octavia has a big old boot, the A/C and heat is all optimised to work up at the front around the dash and windscreen.

No heat or dehumidified air ever makes it's way to the boot so it only takes a little bit of moisture back there for it to end up on the rear window overnight.

Buy one of those moisture absorbing bags and stick it in the boot or on the parcel shelf, that'll fix it...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-SILICA-DEHUMIDIFYING-BAG-REUSABLE-MOISTURE-DAMP-ABSORB-DEHUMIDIFIER-POLAR/171343439801?_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20150313114020%26meid%3Dcacdfa1881ec4eb4b95f6a838cc3393f%26pid%3D100338%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D13%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D181496581292

$_12.JPG

Edited by silver1011

The Octavia has a big old boot, the A/C and heat is all optimised to work up at the front around the dash and windscreen.

No heat or dehumidified air ever makes it's way to the boot so it only takes a little bit of moisture back there for it to end up on the rear window overnight.

Buy one of those moisture absorbing bags and stick it in the boot or on the parcel shelf, that'll fix it...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-SILICA-DEHUMIDIFYING-BAG-REUSABLE-MOISTURE-DAMP-ABSORB-DEHUMIDIFIER-POLAR/171343439801?_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20150313114020%26meid%3Dcacdfa1881ec4eb4b95f6a838cc3393f%26pid%3D100338%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D13%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D181496581292

$_12.JPG

and these actually work ??

With the MkII Octavia been a damp car by design there have been lots of threads over the years with several people using these with successful results.

I've never needed to myself but a family friend uses a few in his caravan, the amount of weight (moisture?) in them after a week or two is enough to convince me they are absorbing something.

They have a cat too, although I'm sure it knows to use the litter tray  :D

• Like 1

With the MkII Octavia been a damp car by design there have been lots of threads over the years with several people using these with successful results.

I've never needed to myself but a family friend uses a few in his caravan, the amount of weight (moisture?) in them after a week or two is enough to convince me they are absorbing something.

They have a cat too, although I'm sure it knows to use the litter tray  :D

thank you ill look into one

• Like 2