Android Auto

Hi, has anyone got Andoid Auto working on their new Skoda Superb Columbus system.

I have a galaxy S6 and it finds my device, but when it tries to connect it struggles for a while before eventually switching over to Mirrorlink. Which does connect.

As mirrorlink does not have the apps I want, it is quite frustrating  :(

Did you download the Android Auto app from Google Play?

I'm getting a Superb in March so have been looking around at this feature and believe the app needs to be installed.

Let us know how you get on. Pics would be good! :-)

Did you download the Android Auto app from Google Play?

I'm getting a Superb in March so have been looking around at this feature and believe the app needs to be installed.

Let us know how you get on. Pics would be good! :-)

I downloaded the app on my samsung galaxy s6, and it has an option to connect via smart link on the columbus system in my car. However although it sees my phone it doesn't connect.

After a while it turns to mirrorlink (an alternative system similar to Android Auto). This connects but does not have all the apps that Android Auto has.

I downloaded the app on my samsung galaxy s6, and it has an option to connect via smart link on the columbus system in my car. However although it sees my phone it doesn't connect.

After a while it turns to mirrorlink (an alternative system similar to Android Auto). This connects but does not have all the apps that Android Auto has.

Mmmmm... Do you need WiFi enabled on the phone perhaps?

Mmmmm... Do you need WiFi enabled on the phone perhaps?

Tried it with WiFi enabled and disabled. I get an error message 7, something about the security not being compatible and to contact my manufacturer?

Tried it with WiFi enabled and disabled. I get an error message 7, something about the security not being compatible and to contact my manufacturer?

Just looked at the manual and it looks quite finicky to setup, car mustn't be moving, ignition on, bluetooth active etc. Good luck!

Have you changed the setting to connect to Android Auto and not Mirror link. Its in the Smartlink set up (I think)

I have it working, but I cant say I am overwhelmed and I was really looking forward to having it. It's the only thing that has not impressed me so far with the car. 

Have you changed the setting to connect to Android Auto and not Mirror link. Its in the Smartlink set up (I think)

I have it working, but I cant say I am overwhelmed and I was really looking forward to having it. It's the only thing that has not impressed me so far with the car. 

Yep, I've changed the preference to Auto Android. And I'm confined with just connecting as normal through bluetooth now :(

I've had this on the octavia since July. Some phones are fussier than others it seems. Top tip is try another cable. Also you must have bluetooth on and switch on the columbus before you try android auto. It should work just fine if you do those things. Cables are definitely the thing that seems to make the biggest difference between success and failure

• Like 1