Fabia III - how to import PPOIs?

Skogar

Hi

I've created PPOI files for National Trust and English Heritage locations via the http://mydestination.skoda-auto.com/POIs website. All gone OK, exported OK from the web site and have got them onto an SD card, but I cannot get them to import to my Fabia III.

The instruction manual says:

Import
› Insert the SD card with the POI categories into the device.
› Press in the Navigation menu the function key  → Version information →
Update.
› Select the SD card as the source and confirm the import.

You can't boot up navigation without the map SD card in, so I did that, and then swapped my custom SD card in before selecting update. That didn't work.

I have pasted the PPOI files directly onto the map SD card's root. That didn't work either.

I've loaded the PPOI file onto a USB SD card converter and plugged that into the USB port. That didn't work too!

I've reached a brick wall now. Is this even possible on a car with only one SD car slot. Or does anyone have a great tip how to do this?!

Many thanks

Rob

Hi - wondered if it's the Mac issue - you using a Mac or a Windows ( or Linux, or.. ) ??

Guys on Octavia and Superb forums mention

the hidden files saved by a Mac causing probs with map updates.

So - trick is to use something like "Cleanup smb mess" - which is a free download. Run it after saving anything to an SD card, before popping it in car.