Fault codes

I have had a garage look at my car today, it has a slight misfire.

They have said it is electrical, and mentioned the following codes.

P161A

P161B

P161C

P161D

They said the code means an open circuit on the glow plugs

P0303

Intermittent misfire on cylinder 3.

Car is 57 plate tdi bxe engine.

Would this be an indication that the injector loom is broke? and needs replacing. £65.00 at TPS

Thanks for the reply.I have looked on ross techs website, but the fault codes, dont relate to anything specific.

I have bought a injector loom, and I will fit it and see what happens.

The glow plug faults seem strange, as the car has never struggled to start and the glow plug light always goes out after a couples of seconds, and I would not have expected a fault on all 4 at once.

The garage that I used, had a snap on diagnostics machine, once I have fitted the loom I will get the car scanned by someone more familiar with vag com and vag cars.

Hi

I have a 05 Octavia Elegance Combi, am thinking about getting a fault code machine, can anyone offer opinions as what to get, how much to spend. 

My Octi is having some electrical issues and I thought instead of brining it to the garage every time I could use the diagnostic tool and sort it out myself.

cheers.

A