Favorit Project

Hi, I've been thinking for a while of buying an old favorit and doing it up so I can show it off, take it to a few rallies, but I don't intend on keeping it for a long time due to lack of room at home. I just enjoy repairing and bringing cars back to life. Ive found one that I like and it needs a bit of work but when I do come round to selling it what sort of market is there now for favorits? What sort of price range for a fully working, pristine condition favorit? The model I am intending to repair is a 1994 LXIe flairline model. I have seen one for Sale on eBay for over £2000, would people on here say this is a silly price to value at or is that about right? (this isn't the one I was looking to buy btw, this one was in full working pristine condition).

Thanks

Hi,

There is a small market for pristine, low mileage Favorits, and they do seem to be slowly appreciating in value. A couple have recently sold for £1440, (20k miles) and somewhere close to £2000. (Almost no miles, around 3k if I recall!)

I personally have a virtually as new 14k miles Favorit myself that isn't for sale, but should I sell it at some point, I'd consider somewhere between the 2 figures above reasonable.

The blue ebay example probably proves that around £2k is about the current limit, as it's been up for sale for ever at £2,600 and it's still there!!

If the one you have in mind needs "a bit of work" chances are you'll not be able to sell it at close to the above prices, as people are paying for the original paint, unrestored, time warp condition. That said, if when finished, yours is properly restored to a high standard, you can probably expect up to £1000 for it if the mileage is reasonable. Therein lies the rub though... to get a tatty car to excellent standard might cost you close to it's sale value, but that's usually the case with classic cars! It's a labour of love, theres no money in it, apart from at the exotic end of the market...

• 3 months later...

Hey there mattbon, did you get sorted out with a favorit. Only just seen this topic, I've got a m reg favorit for sale, 9 months mot, looking for £450. Car is quite tidy, rear arches going a bit scabby, I think everything else is pretty good. I will post pics if you're interested.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! Thanks for the replies guys, i've recently had a change in jobs so i'm now no longer got the time that I hoped I would to do something like this :( But I would like to do it at some point in the future!