Adaptive headlights & tourist mode.

Evening all,

I recently came back from France after a few weeks holiday, whilst I was over there I enabled tourist mode on my adaptive headlights assuming it would move my lights over, well..... it does.... a bit... I assumed it would swing them over to the right like the local cars.  After being flashed a number of times I decided to check, pulled into a car park about 10ft away from a flat wall and flicked tourist mode on and off a few times....

post-121254-0-92485400-1450031902_thumb.jpg

Excuse my poor art work...  Red lines = Tourist mode off Green lines = Tourist mode on  Blue lines are what I would have expected from tourist mode. 

Headlights do they're 'dance' when I start the engine so I know they move well. 

Anyone else experienced similar, am I expecting too much, is tourist mode not that good....??

I'm not 100% sure, but I think 'Tourist' or 'Travel' mode selected from Maxidot simply disables the 'AFS II' functions that come with the factory fit xenon lights (cornering function etc.).

To get the flat beam requires a little bit more of a hands-on approach (both xenon and standard halogen headlights), see here...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/203947-fl-headlights-eu-driving/?p=2417584&hl=eu%20headlights&fromsearch=1#entry2417584