Headlight not working issue

DannHall

Hey guys my right xenon headlight has stopped working, it originally stopped and the sidelight wad flickering but when I turned it back on am hour after being on the light worked fine. Since no headlight but sidelight was on strong.

Im thinking a loose cable due to this but I may be wrong, suggestions please??

Be prepared to lose skin diagnosing it. :)

First off check exactly what doesn't work. Is it only the HID low beam bulb? Do all of the other lights including full beam and indicators work?

After that you're into bulb swapping and the like. Though firstly, I'd get the RH HID D2S bulb out and have a look at it. Then compare with the near side before trying a swap.

You don't want to be messing around with these whilst the lights are on BTW. HID can provide a serious life threatening jolt. At the least, it could cause you to do damage to the car/yourself as you react to the shock.

J.

You're not using an LED sidelight are you? When these are on the way out I've known them to flicker. Either that or remove the side light and bend the metal contacts to ensure it has a nice snug fit in the holder.

If not then I would unclip the large black plastic plug that goes into the headlight unit itself. As above though, it can be a right PITA to get at!

Give the connector a quick spray with some WD40 (ensure the headlights are not on; disconnect the battery if you feel safer doing so) It could well be a dry connection on one or a few of the pins.