Columbus and music on a USB problem

Hiya,

I've been searching over the last couple of days and cannot see any answers to my problem...

I've added around 20 albums in MP3 format to a USB stick, all at the top level - as in, not in a folder named 'music'.

My columbus will only see about 8 of the albums, and some are unplayable too. 

I tried re-formatting the pen drive, re-adding all the music and more, also tried adding them all to a folder entitled Music, as mentioned above, and nothing seems to work to make them all show and play, just the same albums appear every time.

I tried reading the instructions but there isn't any info on folder hierarchy just the format types that should be recognised, MP3 being one, of course.

Can anyone help or explain what I'm doing wrong, please?

Can't help on USB but I near filled a 64Gb SD card with MP3 and flac music (no top level folder called music) and all of it is playable with no problem and I get album art on screen. It is all fully tagged so I wonder if that is your problem. The display of tracks is based on tags not files and folders. All my music has been through mp3tag which is a free tag editor

May be worth a try.