Daytime running light/LED stopped working

Octavia VRS 14 plate.

Hi all,  I was out driving a few days ago when we had some bad weather and drove through a puddle which splashed up over the car.

I got a warming on the dash to check the left side daytime running light.  Since then it has not worked but the right hand side does work.  I noticed that it looked like it flashed on briefly when I unlock the car but it doesn't stay on.

What could the problem be?

I have checked the best I can for water in the light cluster and it looks dry.

I can't see how to access the lights to remove it.

Any help would be appreciated before I have to take it to the garage.

Thank you, Shawn

The DRL is as you say an LED strip, it is also integrated into the headlight.

This is a dealer / warranty job.

There have been a number of threads on failing LED DRL's on the vRS.

Had my front light cluster replaced under warranty, although mine happened after a freak storm in the summer. It dried out and re-started working after about 3 weeks (just before it was replaced) - pooling water in the bottom of the cluster - cap on the back of the light had not been fitted properly. In addition the xenon bulb failed a few months later too.

Edited by Black_Sheep

Thanks silver1011 abd black_sheep.

My cluster did start to mist up quite a bit (especially after I washed the car and rain).

I will have a go at removing it again to see if there are any obvious areas where water gets in and then contact the dealer to get them to sort it out.  Shouldn't happen on a car that is not 2 years old yet