procedure electric window reset Fabia/Roomster 2007

pondweed

Please excuse me posting here, but it seems to be something which is often referred to.

The handbook refers to resetting of the electric windows when the battery has been disconnected, before they will re-operate. (Roomster handbook page 53 under 'operational faults')

I have followed the advice (make sure windows are shut by holding key shut, then holding key in shut position for 3 seconds) but nothing happens! (and indeed, not sure how the first action would work when they are clearly not operating on key either) 

Can anyone offer advice? 

regards

Not sure what problem you are trying to solve.

The following is from a 2008 Fabia handbook:

Operational faults
Electrically operated power windows do not operate
If the battery of the car has been disconnected and then reconnected, the electrically
operated power windows do not operate. The system must be activated.
Proceed as follows in order to re-establish the function:
• turn the key in the lock of the driver door into the closing position and hold it
there until all of the windows are closed,
• release the key,
• Once again insert the key and turn it into the closing position for about 3
seconds.

Operation in winter
Ice accumulating on the surface of the windows during the winter may result in a
greater resistance when closing the windows and the window may stop and move
back several centimetres
Proceed as follows to close the window fully:
• turn the key in the lock of the driver door into the closing position and hold it
there until all of the windows are closed,
• repeat this operation until the window stops.

If you substitute 'locking position' for 'closing position' in the text, then I can confirm the procedure works but, in my experience, only to get the 'one shot' closing functioning again.
It won't fix window(s) that don't work at all.

thanks Chris - yes, thats what I read! Windows were working before, and not after the battery change, so it must be something procedural. (At least my radio still works!)

Jonny - I'll give it a go first thing and report back. Much appreciated.

Nothing.

No operation on key in lock (holding key over to open or shut) OR via any of the two drivers buttons or the passenger button.

All were operational previous to replacing the battery.

Oh, and I checked the two fuses.... ok. Nothing gone in the fuse box.

Edited by pondweed

Does the central locking work from the door key? i.e. does the door key lock/unlock all the other doors?

I think there is only one switch in the door lock that operates the central locking and the window reset, so if the central locking doesn't work either I wonder if you have a wiring problem such as this:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/281191-2008-model-drivers-door-switch-failure/

I will check the door wiring, but the central locking IS all still operational from the key but probably a tad slower than the passenger side. All seems too implausible after battery change tho....

(Presumably if the wire in drivers door had suddenly broken, that would mean the reboot wouldnt be possible which would thus mean passenger would be inoperable?)

Maybe wire(s) have been broken for some time, but if you don't lock/unlock using the door key then you wouldn't know.

Some of the symptoms of broken wire(s) is the door open lamp on the dash does not work and the lights left on buzzer doesn't work.

You may not notice this if you bought secondhand and didn't know the functions existed or had just forgotten.

no, we've had it for ages..from 2.5 yrs old - now nearly 7 years old. And we dont have a plip on this model, so its always actioned with the key in lock!

But I dont remember a lights on buzzer, come to think of it... would that be on the poverty spec models too?

Thanks 

ok, I've had the door multi plug out and taken the door trim off. No damage to any wires.

Door red dash alert works. 'Lights left on' buzzer works.

All central locking works.

Passenger door window started working up/down at some point, and then after put door trim back, it isn't any more!

The only thing that doesn't seem to work any longer (apart from the electric windows!) is the 'hold key' window closure function.

My fuse panel is physically upside down in comparison to the one in the handbook, but 25A window fuses are ok. Would there be any other fuses for the key window closure function?

At least electric windows aren't MOTable...

I'd take the drivers door trim off and unplug the motor. Check the connections in the plug (and if it has it the plug adapter on the motor). Plug it back in and see if it then works (assuming the plug and connections were ok). There were a batch of window motors made with iffy software and a bulletin was issued to workshops many moons ago.

• 2 years later...

I have Roomster 1200 2007 plate which I bought as a runaround as my wife had one of the last 2015 models which I thought was great. A couple of weeks after collecting it from a Midlands garage, the battery packed in. From that moment the central locking/power steering/electric windows have been a nightmare. Nearly 2 years later I have found the solution. It's all down to the procedure after disconnecting the battery. Before you reconnect you need to switch ignition on, close all the doors. THEN reconnect the battery, while the ignition lights are on OPEN all your windows, close all your DOORS then hold key in locked position till all windows are closed, release key then HOLD key in locked position for 3 seconds.  Everything should now fully operational.

• 10 months later...
On 23/01/2016 at 01:48, Jonny5ive said:

1. Start car

2. Pull up and hold up both window switches on drivers door.

3. Hold for 5 seconds and release

This should reset your windows functionality

image.jpg

In SKODA fabia 2010 model power window switch is not working

Only front right side window only working

Front left side door and all doors are working 10 min only and then they Works fuse remove and change the fuse and then they work for 10 minutes

And then front right side all power window switch are not working

• 7 months later...

Hello, I had an identical problem with my 07 Skoda Bohemia 16V which only has power windows at the front. Battery had been disconnected and windows then ceased to work. All fuses intact (though diagram bears little resemblance to one in handbook). Read about 'convenient opening reset' in handbook (detailed elsewhere on this page - turn key in door to locked, remove then repeat, holding for 3 seconds) but no joy (though I'm not sure if my model has this feature). Tried the first solution suggested here by a couple of people - turn on ignition, raise and hold driver's door switches together, release after five seconds. No joy. Didn't wholly fancy Mickie's solution even though it worked for him - 

'Before you reconnect [the battery] you need to switch ignition on, close all the doors. THEN reconnect the battery, while the ignition lights are on OPEN all your windows, close all your DOORS then hold key in locked position till all windows are closed, release key then HOLD key in locked position for 3 seconds.  Everything should now fully operational.' I didn't fancy reconnecting the battery with the ignition on, but noticed that Mickie's solution required two keys - so (without disconnecting the battery) I turned on the ignition with one key, then went through the 'convenient opening reset' procedure with the other - put in door, turn to locked, repeat and hold. 

Though this did not enable me to open the windows with the key (as I said, I don't know if I even have that feature) it did restore the window switches to working order.

• 1 year later...

On 24/01/2020 at 15:00, Panurge said:

Hello, I had an identical problem with my 07 Skoda Bohemia 16V which only has power windows at the front. Battery had been disconnected and windows then ceased to work. All fuses intact (though diagram bears little resemblance to one in handbook). Read about 'convenient opening reset' in handbook (detailed elsewhere on this page - turn key in door to locked, remove then repeat, holding for 3 seconds) but no joy (though I'm not sure if my model has this feature). Tried the first solution suggested here by a couple of people - turn on ignition, raise and hold driver's door switches together, release after five seconds. No joy. Didn't wholly fancy Mickie's solution even though it worked for him - 

'Before you reconnect [the battery] you need to switch ignition on, close all the doors. THEN reconnect the battery, while the ignition lights are on OPEN all your windows, close all your DOORS then hold key in locked position till all windows are closed, release key then HOLD key in locked position for 3 seconds.  Everything should now fully operational.' I didn't fancy reconnecting the battery with the ignition on, but noticed that Mickie's solution required two keys - so (without disconnecting the battery) I turned on the ignition with one key, then went through the 'convenient opening reset' procedure with the other - put in door, turn to locked, repeat and hold. 

Though this did not enable me to open the windows with the key (as I said, I don't know if I even have that feature) it did restore the window switches to working order.

Hi guys, i'm Hugo, from Portugal, sorry for my English, and for replying a 2006 topic, but my 06 Fabia 1.2 have a  big problem,  I tried everything describe in this topic, but my windows it only works for about an hour, then stop.

I already change the window buttons for a new one, I change the Confort box under the wheel fora new one, i tried what you guy have describe, and the problem cames again past an hour, and the vehicle fails mot.

I am becoming desperate, don't know what to do more.

I appreciate the help.

Thank you