How to light up back dome light when opening doors.

RiderXXL

Hi. I have a rapid where the domelight in the back doesnt light up when i open my doors.

So i searched for a solution and this is what did. If it can help you :-) :

Open the lens in front (can just pull it with your fingers)

2cmm1c0.jpg

Unscrew the 2 torx

npp0t4.jpg

I have a sunglass compartiment that was in the way. To take is out, you have 2 locks at the inside on the side. With a screwdriver on the inside a little help and it comes out easy

2v34fad.jpg

In the front i cut the yelow cable that is the one for me that gives power when opening the doors and put a cable to the back dome light.

1ihavl.jpg

For the back, you can just pull the dome with you hand. And take carefully the lens of the backstructur. There i bored a hole in for the new cable to pas and to stay away from the hot lights.

n33tcm.jpg

w2kgva.jpg

I then cut a metal part in the dome, look at the pic. And then fixed the new cable to te right part (see pic, and i don t know the exact english vocabulary)

15rmipi.jpg

1569ysz.jpg

And this is what i see know:

k0sz76.jpg

So when i unlock my car, or i open the doors: all the dome lights are going on.

when you push the button it works like before in the front, as in the back.

The only thing is when i put the lights off, the back light still goes ON when i open the doors or unlock my car. But that is fine for me. Just so you know.

• Like 2

Nice write up!

If you dont want the front lights to come on, when the back passengers turn on the dome to check out their smartphones or tablets, you can use a rectifier.