Rough Road Package on Standard Octavia

Morning all,

So I have just ordered a new Octavia 1.4 TSI SE L and wondered if anyone else has the RRP on a standard Octavia. I am wondering how the extra 15mm in height affects the drive. It's not exactly an essential item as most cars survive without it but for the small price it seems, on paper, to be a good idea . All that bothers me is the effect on the drive.

Dealer has never had one ordered so has no feedback.

Any real life trials of this combo?

Cheers

Before ordering I drove the standard Octavia Combi and Scout. The Scout is 4x4, but didn't notice any difference between those.

Ordered Octavia Combi 1.4 TSI DSG with RRP and 16" wheels. It is very nice to drive and the extra height is nice for the winter time, it has now oversized 205/60 R16 tires and there is still lot of room in the wheelwell. 
For summer time I'm getting oversized 205/60 R16 tires or a little tuning with 205/55 R17 tires.

Edited by Grumpy Finn
  • Like 1

I've got it here in the UK and you'll be hard pushed to spot the 15mm lift unless parked up against a non-RRP'd car (140mm vs 155mm).

I'm currently running 205/60 R16 winters so effectively have Scout height at the moment. Will go down again when I'm on the 225/45 R17 summers.

Ride seems as good as one would expect with no obvious body roll attributable to the slightly longer springs. The thicker sump guard is a welcome addition too.  If you think you'll benefit then order it, there's no downside. Somewhere on here is a thread with Octavia ride heights if you want more detail - found it!

Niall

Before ordering I drove the standard Octavia Combi and Scout. The Scout is 4x4, but didn't notice any difference between those.

The Scout has multilink rear suspension, probably compensating because the 4x4 transmission adds a bit of weight that spoils cornering. Perhaps why you didn't notice much difference between 2wd combi and 4wd Scout in terms of handling.

Edited by ndw

The Scout has multilink rear suspension, probably compensating because the 4x4 transmission adds a bit of weight that spoils cornering. Perhaps why you didn't notice much difference between 2wd combi and 4wd Scout in terms of handling.

The Dealer had not RRP car for test, so I got the Scout to test only the higher suspension and higher boarding to the car. Because I didn't noticed any big difference in driving and those higher check points were as expected, so I decided to the RRP with simpler rear suspension. In our situation there were no reason to pay for the multilink, 4x4, 1,8 engine etc.

Edited by Grumpy Finn