Skoda Fabia VRS 2006 108k service dilemma - advice needed!

VRSwizz

Hi everyone. I purchase my 06 Fabia VRS at 103,000. I'm now on 108,000 after just over 3 months of ownership.

When I purchased the car it came with EPG Warranty Assist covering 'emissions, gradual deterioration, and wear and tear'.

So far I've had to pay out for a chipped windscreen and it recently failed its MOT due to a seized n/s/r caliper which has now been replaced.

I recently got a call from MOT angel notifying me that my car was due a service. According to the log book, the car was last serviced in June 2015 at around 103,000 and had the cambelt and water pump changed. I have a logbook stamp but no invoices covering this work. I called the garage and they confirmed over the phone that this work had been done.

My question now is, should I take MOT angel up on their offer of a 'full service' for £175. They say that this would also cover all the costs of any parts that need replacing etc.

£175 seems a bit pricey for me, but the warranty runs out in April and I'm just wondering whether it will save me money in the long run if it covers any replacement parts?

What do you guys think I should do? I'm aware that the car is approaching the age and mileage of some potentially quite expensive parts needing replacing and once the warranty is expired I would be liable for quite a hefty bill.

Let me know your thoughts!

What's included in their service? I just bought all the parts for a service oil, oil filter, air filter, cabin filter (but not fuel filter as this was just done) and it was around the £50 mark. This is OE quality parts not chinesium. Change it yourself and keep all the receipts and note the mileage on them. Fair enough if it had fully stamped comprehensive serv history I might pay for a rubber stamp but I would rather put the £125 in the pot in case you need to put it towards something more expensive in the future.

Edited by barnrush

This is from the MOT angel website:

Oil and oil filter replacement

Brake fluid check and top up

Anti-freeze coolant check and top up

Windscreen wash check and top up

Power steering fluid check and top up

Full brake check

Steering check

Shock absorbers check

Suspension check

Lights check

Windscreen wiper check

Wheel alignment check

Charging system check

Exhaust condition check

Tyre tread and pressure check

Battery condition check

Wheel bearing check

Auxiliary drive belt check

£ - Extra - If manufacturer guidelines recommend.

Fuel Filter (Diesel)

Spark Plugs (Petrol)

Air Filter

Pollen Filter