Misfuelling devices

yetiscot

As a recent "victim" --I know , wait for it, " why are you so stupid?" etc

Apparently about 150000 people a year in the UK alone, in the same boat.

The AA chap says they sort out at least 6 people a day in my local area who have misfuelled a diesel car-- so obviously there is an issue.

There are quite a few devices out there, but on closer investigation not many apparently fit a Yeti.

So has anyone tried any of these things and with what success.

Car is ok by the way. Didn't drive it so was just a matter of draining the tank and a new fuel filter to be on the safe side.

As a side note Ford and BMW do fit as standard devices to their filler caps--so why not VAG?

I did it once to my bosses van only a few litres and realised what I had done and stopped.

Towed by an AA man to a garage miles from the motorway and waiting hours while the

tank was pumped out with an old Mini electric fuel pump that sparked like a sparkler!

Yes it could do with a foolproof fitting. I just start mumbling DIESEL as I drive onto the forecourt

Amazon does a Think Diesel device that gives an audible warning when you open the fuel flap

£2.39!! http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002M95AFC?redirect=true&ref_=s9_simh_gw_p263_d0_i1

There are stickers that you can apply as well.

Edited by gumdrop

I've had this installed in my MKII Octy Scout for a few years. You can transfer it between vehicles. I bought it from Halfords for about £20.00.

To see the device and how to install it, go to 1.00.

Edited by Guest