DSG: momentary loss of power...any thoughts, please?

Hello to all. I have a great Octy, but it is scaring me! I've had the car since early January 2016. On only two occasions, the DSG has acted up.

I have been out & about for probably an hour, in stop/start and B road driving. Suddenly and without any warning, the + - changes dont work. I try  frantically to get  a response from the gearbox by 'rowing' back and forth in manual mode, with no response. I cant remember if the engine has just gone in to idle. Then, after only 5-10 seconds (which feels more like a minute or two), the manual mode responds to my inputs and we're underway again.

The feeling of the loss of power is like when you run out of fuel and the engine, I think, feels like its slowly dying away. But to be honest, it happens so quickly, that I cant recall anything. I dont remember seeing anything flash up on the dashboard.

My thought: could it be that some component (electrical/electronic) within the DSG is getting nicely up to temperature, and then somewhere it loses its contact? This has happened twice now, and both times I've been out cruising, so the engine/gearbox are comfortably within their working temperature parameters, or so I would imagine.

I'm having the car serviced this coming weekend, and I've got the guy to get the relevant oil/filter for the DSG.

Any thoughts/comments welcome.

First thing would be to see if there any codes logged I suspect. Either get the guy to look (may charge), someone on here with VCDS or a OBD dongle and something like the Carista or Torque apps for a mobile device.

Hi Nick, thanks for that. My guy is an independent with years of experience and I know that he has a link that he uses to interrogate the car, as he has done the the past with a Mk4 Golf that I had.

So, I'll pursue that route and report back.