Glove box removal to replace heater resistor pack.

TGraf

I need to replace my heater resistor pack in my 2011 fabia Monte Carlo.

But I can't seem to find any screws to help remove the main glove box. I have removed the upper glove box but am bemused as to how I remove the main glove box.

Any help would be smashing.

Thanks,

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Just did my Fabia SE 2013 without too much difficulty. - (I only lost two pints of blood too!! )    You shouldn't need to remove main (Lower) glove box at all on the Mk2 - just the top glove box. To remove top glove box, unscrew the two self-tapping screws and gently pull and twist the top box out. It'll break free with a bit of pressure.   Once the top one's been popped out - remove the airbag (Switch it off first - and earth yourself by touching a door post bare metal part).  To remove, unscrew the three Torx 30 screws that you will see directly in front of you when you look into the top glove box cavity void.  Don't drop the screws into the void as you take them out (!!) or you'll be lucky to ever find 'em again - but at least you will invent some extremely interesting swear words. - Tip - I use a bit of bluetak on my screwdriver to "stick" to the screw as it's removed.   Now,  carefully lever the airbag unit upwards and it will pop out. (I ended up using a crow-bar braced against the metal dash mounting frame and applying gently increasing pressure 'til the airbag box popped up).  Lay a towel on top of your dashboard to prevent the metal airbag lugs from scratching and without tugging the airbag connector cable, carefully lift upwards and rest the Airbag unit on the dash.  I'll reiterate - the lugs WILL scratch your dash if you don't protect it.

Now the fun really begins.  Looking down into the airbag void, you will see some sound deadening felt which needs to be carefully removed (It's just tucked-in with no fasteners).Now, looking downward toward the centre of the dash, you should be able to see & feel the Resistor Housing. (You may need to look through windscreen from outside to see it clearly).,    Using your Brazilian Ring-Tailed Lemur sized hands, turn the Resistor Housing about 40 degrees anti-clockwise.  and It should now work free.   To remove the connecting socket, squeeze the two little tabs and gently pull the plug from the Resistor body. By now you will probably have lost at least one finger nail and about a pint of blood.  Hopefully, you will have done your homework and sourced a good quality replacement for under twenty quid (Be careful of anything extra cheap - 'Cos yer get's wot yer pay's fer).  Connect your replacement and enjoy a few minutes of fun getting the b*****d back in securely.  TEST IT NOW before re-assembling everything in reverse order.   Now give yourself a big pat on the back for saving around £150 quid.   Reach for the first-aid box and a cuppa (or something stronger to take the pain of your hand's lacerations away).    Good luck.

• Like 2