A near exact Yeti sized Audi SUV: the new Q2

The horse has drunk in information and still cannot get it's head round the Q2 being size wise comparable with the Yeti.

The Q2 may be a similar size to the Yeti on the outside but I suspect nowhere near as much room or practicality inside.

But just going by bootspace (and I suspect passenger space) it's not in the same league.

And I'm sure the Yeti is bought for practicality as a major consideration.

Yeti boot 416l - Q2 boot 405l

Yeti Max boot 1760l - Q2 max boot 1050l

If you argue it that way then no they are not of the same size. If you argue like I do (and I suspect 9 out of 10 people out there in the real world do) then they have roughly the same length, number of seats, engines, drivetrain and boot size (give or take a measly bag of potatoes or so - I dare you to spot that 11 litres when you compare these two car's boot space!). If you wear bowler hats, move baby pianos frequently or have a fetish for second hand washing machines or feel all that infrequently used volume of space is the main reason for buying a car then no they don't compare. Each to their own.

But in my world and based on the standard criteria (I suspect) most people could use to buy a car, the majority of people would say these two are much closer matched to each other than a Yeti is to the new Tiguan or an X-trail, etc.

Edited by 900000
  • Like 1

The horse has drunk in information and still cannot get it's head round the Q2 being size wise comparable with the Yeti.

The Q2 may be a similar size to the Yeti on the outside but I suspect nowhere near as much room or practicality inside.

But just going by bootspace (and I suspect passenger space) it's not in the same league.

And I'm sure the Yeti is bought for practicality as a major consideration.

Yeti boot 416l - Q2 boot 405l

Yeti Max boot 1760l - Q2 max boot 1050l

So what you are saying is that in normal use, with the back seats up, as most people will have them most of the time, there is only 9 litres more space in a Yeti. Less than 3%

Seems pretty comparable to me.

So what you are saying is that in normal use, with the back seats up, as most people will have them most of the time, there is only 9 litres more space in a Yeti. Less than 3%

Seems pretty comparable to me.

That's just one thing. what about knee, shoulder and headroom room in the front and back and the height of seating making getting in and out easier?

It does have bigger wheels and they are on the ground all the time but that does not float my boat.

Lets just see what happens when it arrives in the showrooms or a production model gets some meaningful reviews.

• Like 2

If this said 'but I suspect not as much room or practicality inside' then I'd probably say fair comment, but I'm quibbling and wouldn't dispute the basic point (with the rider that until we're actually able to inspect the Q2 inside then it's difficult to be 100% sure about eg passenger space).

But they're different vehicles aren't they? The Q2 will appeal to those with more of a yearning for style and perceived quality while the Yeti (for as long as it's made to the current design) to those needing to maximise load space, especially with the option of removable seats, and value for money. TBH I suspect that the Q2 will have adequate load space for most users unless you really need those removable seats. 

• Like 1

If this said 'but I suspect not as much room or practicality inside' then I'd probably say fair comment,

That has me confused.

Exactly the words I used!