Thermostat issues

So I recently became the owner of a Fabia vRS and a Monte Carlo after getting rid of my Octavia vRS and I have been having a few issues with the Monte.

Just after I bought the car the EML light came on with Skoda diagnosing it as a faulty thermostat; it was replaced but just over two weeks later the EML light came on again with again a faulty thermostat. It was replaced again but a week later the EML light is on for the third time!!!! If this turns out to be the thermostat what are the chances of Skoda having a bad batch of thermostats or could it be some other issue with the car causing the problem? Anyone else had this problem. Thecae is a 63 plate with 17K miles on the clock.

Also, on the vRS there is quite a bad pull to the left and I'm sure I read here that this was a known issue with the vRS; can anyone shed any light on this? Is there revised geometry settings if it turns out the tracking is fine?

Thanks in advance

Fitz

Well it's confirmed as another thermostat failure so I've been told today that they will now have to speak to Skoda UK for advice. I'm pretty surprised the dealership needs external advice on this. It can't be all that complicated to do some basic fault invest!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

After a week at the dealer it's all fixed. They replaced the wiring loom, thermostat and a temp sensor. Thank god I don't have to drive the roomster courtesy car anymore!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk