Comfort Convenience module Rapid Xenon?

Hey you all!

I put Original Xenon headlights on my Rapid Spaceback 2014.

They work on ignition, but when i turn the car on, they flash like crazy!

I used VCDS to find the xenon option in my comfort module, but i dosent exist in my module!

My question is,,,, anybody in here have i Rapid with Xenon headlights, and have acces to VCDS and can tell me the number on the comfort module in you car?

Comfort module is deprecated(you mean Central Convenience?), i think its all now under Cent. Elect (09)

if you have xenon as i do, there is no special setting for it in vcds. as they are low light xenons (luminous flux up to 2,000 lumen) they also do not have self leveling motor, etc...

Dukedl - VW has 3 different modules for the model, one of them dosent have the option "Xenon" and dosent dupport it.. my car is born without xenon, and therefore dosent exist in the module... thats why i need a module so i can activate drl and xenon, or else the canbus dosent know hos to turn them on and make them work:)

VCDS ha a "Long coding" line, you can work with, mine does to, but without the function i need.

well....my car is born with xenon from factory and does not have modul for it

unless its different for new cars, mine is MY2014

01-Engine -- Status: OK 0000
03-ABS Brakes -- Status: OK 0000
04-Steering Angle -- Status: OK 0000
08-Auto HVAC -- Status: OK 0000
09-Cent. Elect. -- Status: OK 0000
10-Park/Steer Assist -- Status: OK 0000
15-Airbags -- Status: OK 0000
17-Instruments -- Status: OK 0000
19-CAN Gateway -- Status: OK 0000
25-Immobilizer -- Status: OK 0000
37-Navigation -- Status: OK 0000
44-Steering Assist -- Status: OK 0000
56-Radio -- Status: OK 0000

• 1 year later...

I installed a set of OEM headlights on my Rapid too and i experience the same problem as you do @Habbahabba.  When only ignition is on they work perfectly but 3 seconds after you start the car the intensity of the  light begins to fluctuate and in some cases they flicker like crazy ending up to one (or both) of them randomly closing and throwing a bulb error.

Comparing 09 module with someone who's done the same retrofit and has no problem i have found that he has a entirely different Cent. Elect than mine. He has a '14 Rapid and i have a MY '16 ( with interiour facelift but similar exterior ). I have not managed to solve this problem so i was forced to go back to the halogen headlights for the moment.

Have you found a way to fix this issue ?

• 2 months later...

@Teo89 : I've found the right coding for the xenon headlights and everything works like a charm now.

What you need to do is : 

Block 09 - Closed area - code 31347 Encoding - long encoding - 
Adaptation: 
Leuchte6ABL LB44-Type_Of_Load_6 - select Xenon Abblendlicht 
Leuchte7ABL RB5-Type_Of_Load_7 - select Xenon Abblendlicht

Let me know if it works for you also. Cheers!

• Like 1