1.8 TSI 7-DSG shift forcing

Hello fellow Skoda owners.

I am an owner of Superb 2 1.8 TSI with 7-DSG.

I am very happy with overall performance but I am little worried how is the tranny is setuped.

While driving around town in D mode at 50-55 kph 5th (1500 rpm) or even 6th (1300 rpm) is engaged. I do not think these low rpm are healthy for the car.

One workaround is to go to manual mode and tell the tranny to have 4th gear in (2000 rpm).

Another option is to be in S mode. But in S it stays in 3rd and wont go higher during town driving.

if I want to have 4th while in S, i have to turn cruise mode on(during cruise it goes to min consumption setting regardless of S mode), it switches to 4th , then disable cruise and it stays in 4th while maintaining speed.

Is there any better way to tell the Tranny to be in 4th instead of 5th ?

Yes. Upgrade your DSG software. There is a company in NL (DSG-Dokter) that does just that. They've upgraded my DSG in 2013, and I'm happy with the result.  I think they also have international representatives.