"Inspection in xx days." Time for service?

Hi all,

as I am second proud owner and never went to authorized service. Now I got message in Maxi Dot "Inspection in 20 days" (18 today). I assume it's time to go make service on my Octavia? Yes?

As I bought car with 106,5K on clock, car was originally sold in France (I bought it in Germany) car was on long term service intervals (30K). So last service on my car was on 90K. I called authorised service in Croatia and asked when to come in? They sad to stick to long term interval until I reach 120K and then they will program it to short interval.

So i thought I rather change my oil. Who knows when will I make those km. I don't know at the time there was time frame for intervals? I thought it was only per km based.

Also when I go to Amundsen to Service, cars is shown with gray steering wheel. Is this normal?

I now have 114,5K on clock.

When I called authorised service. I also asked what is being changed/serviced on this interval? They said oil change, filters and DSG oil?

I have DSG with 7 gears and thought it was dray DSG?

So I assume now I have to do only DSG service, as I changed the rest 5 months earlier?

Also did anyone here pass 120K km on his Octavia?

Edited by Croat

Now I am thinking after some Googleing. This is only Inspection for brakes, seat belts, ... technical stuff I guess? No service needed at this point?

I'm servicing mine every 12 months and I'm doing only 5000miles per year.No matter what Skoda saying it's better to have clean oil.

With my parents car Peugeot 206 SW i take it twice a year to mechanic. Before winter and before summer to check and do service per km as needed.

Id did an oil change as you said always good to have clean oil in the system for longer engine life.

Am am little sceptic only doing Inspection. How much would they charge me for few minutes of inspection at steelers?  :dull:  :sweat:  

Now I am thinking after some Googleing. This is only Inspection for brakes, seat belts, ... technical stuff I guess? No service needed at this point?

Yes its just a visual inspection. They dont change the oïl or filters etc (unless you ask for it).

I guess the inspection should maybe 30minutes labour and whatever your going rate is in Croatia?

My car is set to 30k km oïl change/service interval but still asks for an inspection every year or 15k km.

As mentioned, the inspection service does not involve an oil change.

Dealers are unhappy that more and more people are leasing their cars so opting for the long life service intervals hence less feet through the door.

Skoda reacted by introducing the inspection service to force people back into the dealerships.

Oh. Thanks for the info! I will reset the message.

Edited by Croat