Company car buyers Question

lfc958

I have a question to anyone who has got a company car - Not Model specific.

I have been speaking to my boss who gets a company car, he has a 12 month old Audi ( A4)  and he was saying that if he wanted Sat Nav adding it was an extra £2500.

Also one of his friends has just picked up a Skoda company car approx 6 weeks ago ( a very nice cars were his words) he didn't say which model, but it transpired that Sat Nav would have been extra as well.

Given that virtually all family size cars ( and even small ones ) get sat nav as std when purchased as a private buyers, is it correct that as a company car buyer, you get a very basic car and have to add extras ? 

Does this apply across the manufacturers ?

Depends on the spec you're permitted to buy at your paygrade.

Some firms give a choice for your grade based on their monthly price. For that you may not get everything you want, or you go for something cheaper and load it with toys up to your monthly allowance (although not all firms allow this).

Most friends I know get a choice starting with a smaller 'loaded' car, common off the shelf average spec, or go for a higher car but in basic spec.

Ie

Fully loaded Fabia

Octavia SE

Superb base model.

If you want extras, generally it's down to you to pay for these yourself.

Sounds like he wanted an A4, got an average spec or it was at the top of his grade so it was a basic model?

If a manufacturer offers a deal generally it's for personal customers only. Ie free sat nav & alloy upgrade.

Or are you talking for tax purposes?

It is just a general question as most cars of the A4 size seem to get sat nav as std.

Sounds like " base ' specs get nothing and for company cars are std offer & you have to load to what you want. The prices for addtions for company cars seem alomost rip off price compared to  private buyers options.

I've just gone through this - Audi particularly for the A4 was a very base spec car and everything was extra. The Passat had a business pack included satnav as did the superb and the octy. I ended up with the octy as I wanted the lower tax payments.