What does LOWER bush mean and help getting it out?

1. Just had MOT pass but notification of "Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated .. nearside and farside front lower". There are two bushes on each suspension arm. one smaller in line with the centre of the wheel and one larger behind it (I think) which I believe is known as the console bush. In the term "front lower" does front mean it is the smaller bush nearer to the front or does it refer to the fact that it is the front suspension, and as both bushes appear to be at the same hight what does lower mean? Is there a higher bush?

2. My Skoda Fabia II 2009 has the tiptronic automatic gearbox which has a bit that protrudes along side the nut on what I am calling the console bush. So although I can undo the nut I cannot fully slide out the bolt because it hits the side of the gearbox. At first site it appears the best way to get it out would be to raise the engine and transmission about 10cm which I presume would mean releasing the engine mountings and jacking it all up. This turns a 10 second job of sliding out a bolt into a complex manouver. Can anyone give advice on how to get the bolt out and back in again?

Edited by murphydavid