FL Octavia

S41NT

This is Geoff, our 10 plate Octavia vRS (named after its original Reg):

post-14379-0-21548200-1458668534_thumb.jpg

Not sure whether it deserves a thread on here on not, might be a bit tame but here goes.

Stumbled across this car while I was looking at others and when I saw the spec I couldn't let it go.

Bought it with just over 60k miles on it so decided to give it a new cambelt & water pump.

They left the old belt in the boot for some reason and it looked as new!

Added the first mod which was a Briskoda sticker :D

Originally I was going to leave it alone apart from swapping to the new style badges.

However found that I could get them and some other bits & pieces from superskoda for the same price so went for that.

Will try and sneak a remap in without the mrs finding out.

Also after tints, Quote for £140 and Alloys powdercoated, Quote for £220 both from respected local outfits.

So far have had the grill & mirrors sprayed in black, superskoda grille and the new badges.

Badges came off easier than I thought. Got the new style badge centre caps ready for when I have the wheels done.

Also managed to fit the mud flaps without taking the wheels off.

Not to everyone's taste but certainly keeps the car clean on these rural roads covered in mud.

post-14379-0-72860300-1458718914_thumb.jpg post-14379-0-62938300-1458718886_thumb.jpg post-14379-0-64665100-1458718860_thumb.jpg

Just needs a bloody good clean now, will be searching on here for tips.

Next up: tints...

Edited by S41NT

Nice one mate. Thanks for the super Skoda hint. I've had a look and now I want to order a set of rear foot sill plates!

The tints will make a massive difference once done.

Ditto, sills just look naked when you open the rear doors.

• 3 weeks later...

Tints booked in for 28th,something around 40 or 50% should do.

New set of wiper blades ordered for f not & rear, £34 delivered, which I didn't think was too bad for Bosch.

Alloys to be done in May all being well.

• 1 year later...

Ah, same model as mine and you are doing similar mods which makes me interested in this thread :D

I am having the alloys on mine refurbed and sprayed black, it's the cheaper option and should look good. The wing mirrors and grill, I couldn't decide wether to have them sprayed or just have a vinyl wrap on them, turns out the vinyl wrap is cheaper for me too. None of it is done yet but it is all getting done in the next few weeks.

You got anything else planned?

15 hours ago, HarleQuinn said:

Ah, same model as mine and you are doing similar mods which makes me interested in this thread :D

I am having the alloys on mine refurbed and sprayed black, it's the cheaper option and should look good. The wing mirrors and grill, I couldn't decide wether to have them sprayed or just have a vinyl wrap on them, turns out the vinyl wrap is cheaper for me too. None of it is done yet but it is all getting done in the next few weeks.

You got anything else planned?

Quite fancy the roof panel in black too... Although a work mate has called me a chav already :o:D

3 hours ago, S41NT said:

Quite fancy the roof panel in black too... Although a work mate has called me a chav already :o:D

Could look great!

I thought about having the spoiler wrapped in black but I did some photoshop editing and it didn't look right!

On 11/30/2017 at 14:04, HarleQuinn said:

Could look great!

I thought about having the spoiler wrapped in black but I did some photoshop editing and it didn't look right!

Yes did think about the spoiler but came to the same conclusion.

Not sure about my roof either, could be a pain in the @rse with the sunroof in the way.

I take it from your Avatar you're in Flame Red.

Edited by S41NT

5 hours ago, S41NT said:

Yes did think about the spoiler but came to the same conclusion.

Not sure about my roof either, could be a pain in the @rse with the sunroof in the way.

I take it from your Avatar you're in Flame Red.

Yeah mines red! With some black styling it should look pretty nice!

How did you have the chrome grill sprayed? Did it need sanding down etc first?

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/2/2017 at 20:21, HarleQuinn said:

Yeah mines red! With some black styling it should look pretty nice!

How did you have the chrome grill sprayed? Did it need sanding down etc first?

Got a local spray shop to do it. Did a really good job but he was't keen on spraying over the top of the chrome. I think he did sand it a bit.

I think wrapping would be better or that plasticoat spray on stuff.