Tailgate - rear screen shatter fixed

Greybeard

Further to my thread of 2 weeks ago (see below), can now report vRS retrieved from dealer today with their self inflicted damage fully repaired. :thumbup::):D

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/t42155-tailgate-of-woesalutary-warning.html

The damage caused to the body around tailgate opening all now fixed, colour matched and blended, new rear screen fitted, shutlines OK, tailgate latch working properly, all light functions, wiper, washers and rear screen seem to be working fine. Everything checked for function and seems in good working order as new.

Obviously need to check paint over longer period but I spent a good half hour checking all the potential issues I could think of and it stacked up good against every one. Good blast of rain and some damp weather will prove all to be leak tight in the longer term and that screen demisting is OK.

Returned fully valeted, better than when I picked it up in the summer.

No quibble at all from the dealer, standing by all warranties, agreed some freebies in compensation. If someone makes a mistake and honours the commitment to fix it properly that goes a long way in my book.:thumbup:

I'd rather they hadn't made the mistake in the first place but you can't change what's done. I think they've learned the hard way on this one though but hopefully won't do same again in a hurry.

Glad to get back to the smooth and torquey vRS after the 1.2 12v courtesy car, roomy runabout it is - but that 12v motor just isn't my cup of tea I'm afraid, no offence to those 12 valvers out there..

Glad to hear it all ended well.

Big thumbs up to the dealer for a thorough job - you must have scared them!

Thks, just being firm & reasonable thats all. A bit like sitting at the lights and someone runs into the back of you, not much you could have done to avoid it so focus completely on putting everything back to the status existing before the crunch. :)

Too much pointless ranting achieves little, so with the tailgate it was simply a case of getting the dealer to deliver on all the well documented good words about commitment to quality of service that get churned out with the sales pitch at time of purchase. Reflect all this back to them in writing, confirm your understanding of their liabilities and keep pushing till they've met the target they very publicly set themselves.;)

The dealer has been good as his word so I guess it's fair say that although they precipitated the situation, Westover Skoda at Corfe Mullen (few miles North of Poole) have discharged themselves honourably so far. They're part of a large group with other Toyota, Nissan, Lotus, Lexus, Land Rover, Jaguar, Alfa Romeo and Fiat dealerships so could have just taken a faceless corporate attitude but all credit to them, chose not to. :thumbup: