First proper ride of the year

XLBaconDoubleCheese

So my dad gave me a bell this morning and had got himself a half day, we met up for a ride into London to visit my Gran. Was good to get out on the bike, not the nicest ride, a bit busy but enjoyable none the less. London was as chaotic as ever, dad nearly got squashed by a woman in an X5 twice, I nearly got wiped out by a bus that pulled straight out from a stop without warning (yes, the irony :D). On the trip back we got stuck in every traffic jam going, dad nearly got squashed AGAIN, this time by a 16 plate Aston Martin who was on the phone.

The last section of the the ride was lovely though, slightly more open roads, wound the bike up a few times, nothing beats the satisfaction of flying through the gears at full pelt acing every gear change! Still, it didnt matter how well I thought I was riding, my dad was still right with me on his old Bandit :D

I'm starting to see now what my brother meant when he was saying how no matter how he rode any of his bikes my dad was always with him, the old man certainly has the skills, I really enjoy riding with him, we both know where the limit is and ride for ourselves, I know he isnt going to send one up the inside at the wrong time and he knows I wont follow him expecting there to be space for both of us. 

Anyway, roll on the next ride. 

• Like 1

Winner! Sounds good mate.

Bus drivers eh, who'd have em :D.

Its nicer riding when you know you can trust the bike behind, isnt it? Im like that with only 2 people. My dad and my best mate. The rest of em i dont trust n find myself checking on them all the time wishing they were infront.

Love it, the only two I can do the same with is my dad and my brother (yes, believe it or not, he's decent on a bike :D) Shame he is bike-less just now, maybe next year he'll get another if he keeps his job. 

I'm thinking about arranging a little ride out with the work lot but we have about 15 guys on bikes so I can be sure that they'll be at least one or two idiots in that lot. 

Love it, the only two I can do the same with is my dad and my brother (yes, believe it or not, he's decent on a bike :D) Shame he is bike-less just now, maybe next year he'll get another if he keeps his job.

I'm thinking about arranging a little ride out with the work lot but we have about 15 guys on bikes so I can be sure that they'll be at least one or two idiots in that lot.

Ahaa wasnt expecting your brother to be one ;) ahaa.

Yeah there probably will. They dont even have to be quick, some people just follow in your blind spot, overtake you when you're leaving a space so you can see infront etc etc. You just dont know what theyre gonna do next, and that really puts me off haha